Friday, December 5, 2008

Cookie Epiphany!

Today I was baking cookies to take to the sisters I Visit Teach and I had an epiphany! Don't you just hate how the idea of baking cookies sounds good until that 4th or 5th pan goes in the oven and you're thinking - man, aren't we done with these yet??? Well, how's this for an idea - I put a sheet of tin foil on the cookie sheet and loaded the dough. Then, while that first batch was in the oven I tore off several sheets of tin foil (one at a time) the length of the cookie pan and laid them on the counter and put the dough on the foil like I would have done on the pan until all the dough was used up. (I had like 5 sheet of foil with cookie dough balls on them. About that time the first pan full was done so I took it out of the oven and slid the foil off the pan - cookies and all - onto the counter. Then slid the pan under the next sheet of cookie dough balls and threw it in the oven. All I had to do was to keep sliding the cooked ones off and the raw ones on! No fuss trying to find something to put the hot cookies on to cool and YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO WASH THE PAN! Just throw the foil away when the cookies are cooled. No mess on the counter either. Yep, I'm feeling rather "Martha Stewart-ey" right about now. In fact, some cookies are baking as I type! Mmmmmmm they smell good!

(Lots of pictures to follow - keep scrolling down!)

1 comment:

Emilee said...

Julie, great idea! Believe it or not your visiting teachers were doing the same thing this morning.