Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Scattered Updates....

So, what HAVE I been doing with all my time?!?!
hahahah
What time?!?!
How does time keep morphisizing - shouldn't 5 minutes, 5 hours, 5 days always feel the same?? The last two weeks feels more like 2 hours. From my last post I have been crazy busy. I spent a week trying to get the house thoroughly cleaned before we had to leave for the family reunion (which almost got done), the yard work done on both our house and the office house (which needs to be done again already) and get things prepared for the Wells Family Reunion. Oh, and I got a new calling - I'm now the Gospel Doctrine teacher - yikes!!! So I was preparing my very first lesson some where in that time frame. Whewwwwwww!
The lesson went well - thankfully - I was pretty nervous though. On Friday July 3 we took off for Red Lodge for the weekend for the family reunion. It was a lot of fun. George's sister, Lynette, and her family did all the planning this year. They did a great job! We got home on Monday the 6th and on Tuesday the 7th I was racing around finishing cleaning and preparing for some young men who stayed the night with us. The Utah Valley Children's Choir performed at the stake center. They were awesome. We volunteered to be a host family and took home 5 boys from the choir. They slept at our house and then were off early this morning to travel back home. It was a busy and fun night - 5 boys ranging in ages 14 -21. As you can imagine they were all starved when we got home around 9:30 P.M. so I made them dinner. We sat and visited for a while and got to bed around midnight. Then I got up at 4:30 so I could prepare sack lunches and some breakfast for them. They were all wonderful young men and were a delight to have in our home! If you ever hear about the Utah Valley Children's Choir coming to perform, don't miss it!! They are amazing!!
I hope to have a few pictures soon of the reunion to post.
Hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th!!

1 comment:

Caralee said...

Sounds like a fun time with hosting boys from SLC. COngrats on your new calling and you will ALWAYS do great at that calling! Miss you guys, come for a drive and visit us!