Wednesday, June 24, 2009

"Here we go round in circles"

Remember that song from the 70's??

Have you every been going in so many directions that you end up not going any where at all?? That's where I've been this last month. I just noticed the date on my last post! I am not sure where June went, but its all but over. Crazy! I can't even say thay anything exciting has happened - just lots and lots of everyday "stuff".

I do think George had a nice Father's Day weekend. Friday, Amber and Zane were off to a family reunion and dropped off a really nice card for George. Ciara and Dalin signed their own names - that kind of stuff always melts my heart when I see their own handwritting and little scribbles - I guess I'm kind of funny that way. Then on Saturday he got a fun card in the mail complete with pictures from Nate, Heather, and Ella. (Ella, Papa loved your happy bright smile!) Then on Sunday, Matt and Chantile gave him a really nice card and a fun sound therapy player and some yummy chocolate - which he ate on the way to dinner at his mom and dad's house. Joe and Tabby were there and of course Griffin did his, "I'm so happy to see Pockee!" dance when he saw George. What better gift could he have given his grandpa?! Griffin loves his Pockee and loves to spend time with him. LJ is in Spokane and George was able to talk with him on phone - maybe it was texting, but I know he got to speak with him at least. (LJ we miss you!!)

All in all it was a nice day. George is a great man and a great dad, not only to his own children, but to many others as well. Just ask any of the youth in our ward. They know he loves them like his own. I count my blessings every day of having him in my life! I love you, George!!

1 comment:

Caralee said...

Not just the youth in the ward! All of us adults who need a helping hand every now and then too. Both of you are great!