For the last several days my friends and I have been posting something each day on Face Book that we are thankful for. I saved some very special "thankful for's" for these last four days before Thanksgiving. My goal is to keep doing this in my sadly limited journal! I wanted to post it on my blog as well!
Monday 11.23.09
Today I am thankful for my parents. They are amazing people. Any parent can attest to the fact that parents make mistakes. I know I've made my fair share of them! So I've thought a lot about what makes a successful parent. And my definition is one who does the absolute best because of their own personal strengths and in spite of their own limitations. My mom and dad did an amazing job - still do. I love them for the sacrifices they made for me - the ones I know of and especially for all the ones they've kept to themselves! Most importantly I am thankful that they brought me here to this earth and set me firmly on the straight and narrow path - held my hand as they taught me to cling with the other to the Iron Rod. Re- introduced me to my Savior and my Heavenly Father and showed me how I can talk with Them anytime I need. I was never in want of anything and they were the first hands that held me, the most important hands that wiped away my tears, the most tender hands that calmed my broken heart, the most active hands that met my needs, the most loving hands that molded me into the person I am today. Thank you, Mom and Dad!
No comments:
Post a Comment