Sunday, January 2, 2011

It's all in the chromosomes.....

When Amber and Zane were here she, Dalin, and Nikkie and I went out to see the "honk-a-copter" (see the pictures from the previous posts from Christmas). Much to our dismay...as we were getting out of the parked van we heard a tale tell hissing sound...yep...a flat tire. Knowing we had a honk-a-copter calling our names, which is FAR more important than any ole' flat tire, the pesky hissing was temporarily ignored and off we went. Hissing? What hissing? Returning to the car, hoping for a little Christmas miracle, the tire was ...alas...still sounding like a snake. We aired it up at the closest gas station and headed for Costco to see if anyone was there that could fix it for us. We parked the car and with Nikkie's help, Dalin did his Houdini thing and he was free- car seats are something these days - and we headed for the service door. Dalin seemed oblivious to the whole situation gleefully holding Grandma's hand as we approached the store. With a double take of the Michellin Man nobly standing guard an almost reverent hush coated his voice as he whispered in restrained yet quivering anticipation, "Is this a.....a.... TIRE STORE!?!?!" Good thing I had the door handle to hold on to...other wise I would have literally been rolling on the floor laughing!!! It has to be a guy thing.....


This next picture is just for Amber and Zane:

This is what I found after Ciara's bath....comforting to know some things never change!

2 comments:

Caralee said...

Yeah! I'm glad you are posting on your blog again. I missed seeing what you were up to! I'm glad you had fun with the grandbabies.

D. Brack and Kelly Mulliner said...

Boys will be boys. You all sound really good. I'm glad life is treating you well, you deserve it. Did the move go alright? How are the Dakotas? Hope you have a happy new year. With love from Utah. -Mulliners