Saturday, March 28, 2009

Lessons From The Strangest Places....

My bed was made and I was on to folding laundry so I could follow up with cleaning the carpets when I heard it. The TV was on. Not because I wanted to watch anything, I just like the "background noise" sometimes. "Live With Regis and Kelly" was on and they were discussing the flooding in North Dakota. Which, by the way, includes some family members of friends of ours, so any prayers on their behalf would be appreciated. Anyway, they were commenting on how the community in one small town had pulled together and the schools were even closed so everyone that could was out bagging sand. Then she said it, Kelly, "You really see what a community is made of when they are faced with adversity." Hmmmm, I pondered, that's true with individuals too, which launched my mind on an inventory of all the truths I have been blessed to learn and experience about adversity. Amazing how the Lord continues to bless us and teach us.....even from the oddest places......I love it when that happens...those unexpected golden moments...one of my favorite things!! Thankfully my "lesson" carried me right through my chores and I was finished before I knew it.

2 comments:

Caralee said...

I love your lamb and baby cow pictures. What's with this weather? I'm so ready for green grass!

Anonymous said...

Hey Julie, That is some great insight. Thank you for sharing.