Friday, November 14, 2008
My Heavenly Father Loves Me
I know my Heavenly father loves me and if I am watchful, I see that love clearly everyday. Yesterday was no exception. I have had a difficult time sleeping because of a six day run of migraines - yea. I had committed to babysit for Amber on Wednesday but was feeling pretty yucky so I changed it to Thursday. The commitments I make to other people to do things are very important to me. Amber offered to find someone else, but I love seeing the kids and every mom knows how easy it is to find a babysitter last minute. Wednesday night was another sleepless night - well, does 3 hours count? But at least I didn't have a migraine - YAHOO!! As the sun began to rise I figured I would quit torturing myself and get out of bed. I knelt down for my morning prayers and pleaded with Heavenly Father to give me energy and strength and to help the kids to understand that Grandma wasn't at her top form. Oh, how my prayers were answered. The kids were great. Dalin didn't make a peep when I layed him down for his two naps and slept a little longer than he usually does. Ciara was content to draw and play quiet games with me. Dalin had a new "trick" and knows to fold his little arms when we say prayer. He just figured it out the night before, so when I sat down to feed him his breakfast and he folded his little arms, my heart melted and a powerful sense of peace spilled over me. He's only 11 months old - amazing, no?! The timing of him learning that couldn't have been more perfect, tender mercies of the Lord - they are everywhere - we have only to look! I know my Father in Heaven loves me. Nothing is too trivial for Him. When I need Him, He is there. If it is important to me, I know it is important to Him. I love my Heavenly Father!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So true! But hey, what's not to love! You are truly amazing! (Thanks for sharing your blog with me!)
I'm glad that you are feeling better. Tender mercies really are amazing and like you said all we have to do is look. Unfortunately we get to busy with life to often to notice what they are. I'm glad I made it to your blog. It's fun to see you enjoying your grandchildren!
I'm so glad the kids were good for you the other day. I was really worried when you came over that Ciara was going to be too demanding and Dalin was going to be fussy. I can't tell you how blessed I am to have you as a mother. You are one of the great tender mercies the lord has given to me. I love you soooo much!!
Post a Comment